Due to my upcoming summer market schedule, I am currently booking custom projects for September. Reserve your spot now by filling out the form below.
Step 1: Get in touch
The design process begins a quick 15 minute discussion, to get an idea of the project. This can take place over the phone, in person, on Skype, or via email.
We will quickly cover:
- what type of jewelry you have in mind
- general idea of look/feel/aesthetic
- what is the occasion & due date
- your budget/price range
If the project seems like the right fit, we will move into the custom design process.
Step 2: Consultation
We will set up a 30 minute consultation, in which we will set up the foundations of your design, including:
- what is your aesthetic, & inspirations for your custom piece of jewelry (whether pieces of my jewelry or other inspiration)
- precious metal options
- discuss stone options if applicable (including using heirloom stones)
At the end of the meeting, a non-refundable deposit of $100 will be taken, which will be applied to the balance of your jewelry. The design deposit covers all items discussed in step 3 &4.
Step 3: Design
I will provide sketches of up to 3 design for you to choose from. You can choose your top choice, and request any changes/revisions to the design (such as scale, details, aesthetic, etc)
After choosing your top choice, I will refine the sketch, clarify details, make any requested revisions.
Any future design revisions, sketches, or samples in metal are subject to additional charges.
Step 4: Quote & Deposit
Once the final sketch is approved, I will provide you with a quote for the project.
A Deposit of 50% will be taken to finalized the design & confirm the order. Materials will be ordered & your project will begin.
Normal lead time from when the deposit is taken, is 4-16 weeks.
Some things to note:
- Custom projects tend to cost about twice as much as purchasing an item that has already been designed. This is due to the amount of time required to conceptualize, design and carry out a brand new idea in metal.
- The minimum budget for any custom project is $300.